Thursday, August 20, 2009

Taking care of ourselves as Empaths

I got a comment in the last blog that said "I'd wish you'd write more." I do too! So I'll take this opportunity to check in a bit more often!

I've picked up a bit of a bug this week, and most likely because I can do a better job balancing my stress. So, I am going to do three things I haven't done in awhile.

1) I'm going camping. I am getting outdoors and away from all things electronic, and letting nature heal!  We can all do this more often. (I spend the majority of my week either on the phone talking to clients in my coaching or classes, or on the computer updating my sites and writing the next book (yes, it's coming next Spring).
2) I am going to have a healing session. I haven't done this in at least 6 months. Far too long! As empaths, a general guideline would be that we need someone to help us at least every two months, if not more, especially if you're in the midst of purging all the stuff you've accumulated your entire life.
3) I am going to see a doctor. It's sometimes easy to overlook the importance of western medicine. At times it is important, especially when dealing with acute symptoms.

So, let's take this opportunity to ask ourselves, "Have I nurtured myself lately?" If the answer is no, then pamper yourself for a day or two. Go to a spa. Eat out at a nice restaurant; get dressed up & go out on the town. Invite a friend over for dinner. Take a nice bath. Get some nice essential oils or buy a your favorite lotion or scent. Get outdoors. Purchase something of quality as a reflection of your esteem for yourself.

Most of all, keep the faith & keep moving onward!

Blessings
Michael

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Hope you enjoy your time-out! And I'll check your blog more often if you're going to try to write more often. Yea!