Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Empath Scholarship Winners



Congratulations to the first Empath Connection Scholarship Winners!   These were announced in the December 2010 Empath Connection newsletter but I also wanted to post their stories here.  Coincidentally, both will receive workshop training in spiritual development at the Kripalu Center in Massachusetts.



If you would like to donate to the 2011 Empath Scholarship Fund, please contact me (Michael Smith) here.



Here are excerpts from their essays.



CHANTAL COHEN - SILVER SPRING, MD

"Four years ago, I had a near-death experience and was in a coma for 11 days-- I came out of this experience with a deep knowing feeling that I had been granted a "prolongation" of my life for a reason and that during this time I would have to use whatever gifts I had been given in the healing, intuitive field and be of service to other people. Why the healing field? Because I had a dream where I clearly saw myself assisting a woman giving birth and placing a Reiki symbol on her forehead and I am very sensitive to energies-in my own hands, in gemstones, in trees and plants and other people's energies.

Having spent most of my life denying, ignoring and running away from my intuition, blocking out messages and dreams that I have been getting, I believe that energy training would give me a head start in pursuing the necessary training for what will be my second career now and improving my spiritual awareness and energy management skills. It is really an essential step for me in accepting myself as a spiritual person, and my growth as a human being, and an effective empath and intuitive."


TRINITY NIEVES - BLOOMFIELD, NJ

At the age of 10 I realized I was a "sensitive" and that I possessed "intuitive" abilities.  I had no idea at the time what these things meant or how it would impact my life.  All I believed was that I was a "freak" and that "something was wrong with me." For the next 26 years, I suppressed and repressed my feelings, intuition and truth.  I experienced trauma and abuse and in the process forgot who I was and why I was here.  During the past 3 years, I have been diligently working on healing myself, discovering and remembering who I am.  I have been peeling layer after layer of programming - "I am not good enough, I don't deserve and I am not worthy."  The hardest part of my healing journey has been to fully accept and love myself - ALL OF ME.  My greatest challenge has also been to allow happiness be my natural state of being and not judge my experiences or myself. 

            My mission is to help others like me - empaths, single mothers, abused women and children and others who are looking to discover who they are and fully live and love their truths.   This type of education will assist me on my journey and also for the work I do with clients. "You are so loved so love yourself just as much," is what I teach my clients and is my own mantra.  As an empath, I sense through feelings and vibration what feelings/emotions a client is repressing and suppressing, and help them to feel and flow with them. I know why I am here and what I am to do and I trust the deeper I go into me the more I am able to assist and attract the emerging population of empaths and soul's awakening to their truth.




This program has been such an inspiration!   I believe that we can all benefit from reading the wonderful life stories of each applicant.  Michael Smith

No comments: